Please help share information about this important resource for students and families
The Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) and Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) are offering a benefit for families to buy meals while schools are closed.
- Families already receiving Basic Food (food stamps) will get this added to their EBT cards.
- Families who are already receive free or reduced-price school meals must complete the simple application starting June 30 through August 31 or the beginning of the new school year.
- Families with school-age children who have recently lost jobs or income may complete an application for free or reduced-price school meals through their school district before June 30 and before you apply for P-EBT. They may also apply for Basic Food before June 30 online (www.WashingtonConnection.org) or by phone (877–501–2233 — DSHS Customer Contact Center). If they are approved for Basic Food, they will also receive P-EBT benefits for their school-age children.
Open to families no matter what their immigration status is. P-EBT does not count as a public charge.
Visit this webpage for more information: https://medium.com/@waOSPI/what-is-pandemic-ebt-a7a086fcaf94
Materials in languages other than English may be available on the OSPI website by Tuesday, June 15, 2020.
- How to Share Information about P-EBT
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs; English)
- P-EBT Flyer (English)