Join Public Health–Seattle & King County’s Community Well-Being Program and the South King Emotional Wellness League (SKEWL) Wednesday June 1 4:30-6pm for a conversation on youth mental health led by and for young people in our region. Learn more and register here.
About this event
Intentions for This Space:
- We will be coming together to talk about youth mental health and healing during this pandemic as well as talking through other issues in our community.
- Make time for conversation about COVID impacted trauma, stigma, grief & growth-including space to process the trauma of recent events and how we can care for ourselves and each other.
- Provide a safe space centered around BIPOC and those most impacted by COVID.
- Share resources and build community through shared experiences.
This Events Topic: Youth Mental Health and Wellbeing
What to Expect:
- Intros and Welcome
- Panel – Large Group Discussion
- Closing thoughts
Moderator: Makayla Wright (they/them), Community Wellbeing Program Manager
Makayla is a licensed masters level social worker and program manager working with King County Best Starts for Kids. Makayla is a Midwest transplant who has worked with diverse communities in a variety of capacities. They have worked as a community organizer, advocate, therapist, coach, and youth programs manager. They believe in utilizing strength based approaches and supporting community in achieving their goals.
Adar Abdi, She/Her
Tsion Debebe, She/Her
George Olebar, He/Him
Heena Vahora, She/Her
Learn more and register here.
See SKEWL’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/skewleague